How lawyers help with compulsory acquisition negotiations
As your lawyers, we can assist you by:
- engaging experts to assess your entitlement to compensation for the value of the property and/or the commercial damage to your business
- determining whether the compensation offered to you is adequate, considering all the surrounding circumstances
- negotiating with the Acquiring Authority on issues such as how long you have to find a new place to live, and the terms on which the Acquiring Authority can enter and occupy your land
- scrutinising the Acquiring Authority’s activities to make sure it is complying with its obligations under the law
- putting together and lodging your claim for compensation and legal fees.
If your home or land is compulsorily acquired, please call us obligation free to receive experienced, practical, professional legal advice by lawyers who can manage the process at minimal, if any, cost to you. We have successfully represented many clients in compulsory acquisition matters and we have achieved very favourable outcomes.