When you are involved in a building dispute, we strongly suggest that you get legal advice as soon as possible. There may be steps you can take to protect your interests or time limits with which you need to comply. We can advise you about any building related matter, including the following:
- your rights and obligations under the Security of Payment Act 2002 or the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999
- we can help you get paid faster if you are owed money, or advise you on the processes to comply with if you are served with a Payment Claim
- the strengths and weaknesses of your case, so that you can make informed decisions throughout the dispute resolution process
- negotiating on your behalf with the other party to settle the dispute as soon as practicable
- applying for an injunction, where necessary, to protect assets while the dispute is resolved
- preparing your case if the matter proceeds to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). This could involve things such as engaging experts to prepare reports, and identify and gather information from potential witnesses
- representing you in VCAT.